Is there anything better than cheesy, garlicy, creamy spinach and artichoke dip? Served with tortilla chips or crackers, this dip is warm and gooey and so darn good!
It’s January, which means while most of the world is getting back into their routines, our house is prepping for post season football.
Here’s the thing though, I don’t mind football, but I’m not obsessed with it. I don’t complain because it’s on or attempt to change the channel. If anything, I’ve grown indifferent. I wish I loved it. I wish I was a diehard fan, knowing the stats, plays and whatnot. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be. What does, however, get me excited, is all the “football” food. I love a good dip, nachos, or sliders. I love making a bowl of chili or beer brats…seriously football food is the best food!
And this dip is no different. It’s rich, creamy, warm….I have such a hard time putting it down!
Tips for cooking Spinach and Artichoke Dip:
- Frozen spinach works best in this dish. Make sure that you drain it well, removing the excess water.
- The secret ingredient to this dip is the jar of alfredo sauce. I know I know…alfredo should not come from a jar! I agree 1000% except for this recipe. It adds a level of creaminess that is out of this world. Trust me on this one.
- I’ve mentioned this before, but if possible, buy a block of mozzarella (not fresh as it is too watery) and shred it yourself. Pre-shredded mozzarella has been tossed in starch, which prevents sticking while it’s on the store shelf. This starch, however, prevents it from melting beautifully.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip is such a winner. I hope that you enjoy is as much as we do!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 10oz box frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 14oz can artichoke heart drained and chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 10oz prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Place the contents into a lightly greased oven proof dish.
- Bake the dip for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve warm with tortilla chips or crackers.