Rich melted chocolate, toasted marshmallows, and crispy graham crackers all come together in this quick and easy 3 ingredient s’mores dip. In fact, it’s so good and easy, you’ll want to make this all the time.
Who doesn’t love a gooey, delicious s’more? But when your sweet tooth strikes, who has the time to break out the campfire in this summer heat? Fortunately, you don’t need to build a fire to savor the classic flavors of a s’more.
Tips and tricks for S’mores Dip:
- You can use practically any oven-safe dish for this recipe. I used my individual serving cast iron skillet for aesthetic purposes. While cast iron will maintain its heat, if you don’t have one, it’s ok. In the past, I’ve used oven-safe Pyrex dishes, enameled cast iron, and even pie dishes.
- The vessel you choose to use will also alter the amount of ingredients you will need. There is no exact science here, but make sure there are enough chocolate chips to coat the bottom of your pan and enough marshmallows to cover the chocolate evenly.
- Can you save the dip? Yes and no. If, for some strange reason you have leftovers, cover them and store them in the refrigerator. It should last 2 days. When you’re ready, reheat the dip in the oven until warmed through. I will say the marshmallows, once reheated will not have the same texture as before. If you don’t mind a chewier texture, then it’s not a big deal.
- This recipe (I feel guilty even calling it one) should be used as a jumping-off point. Love peanut butter? Great! Throw some peanut butter chips in with the chocolate. Mini candy bars like Snickers and Milkyway work wonders here as well. Not a fan of graham crackers? Try animal crackers or nilla wafers. The opportunities are boundless. Get creative and have some fun!
You’re all set! Just whip up this gooey concoction of marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham crackers, and you’re ready to dip, scoop, and enjoy!
3 Ingredient S’mores Dip
- 1 5-inch Cast Iron Skillet
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 large marshmallows
- graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 400℉
- Pour the chocolate chips into the skillet, ensuring the bottom is evenly covered.
- Layer the marshmallows on top of the chocolate. Take care as to not overstuff the skillet, as the marshmallow will expand.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, while watching closely. The marshmallows will brown quickly.
- Once the marshmallows have browned evenly, remove the skillet from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve immediately will graham crackers
Are S’mores Dip not you’re favorite? I’ve got a whole list of other yummy desserts you will want to try.