Maple Bourbon Milkshake is the perfect answer for the end of summer blues. It’s a cool, creamy, boozy treat that hits the spot. Summer may be coming to an end, but it’s not over yet!
There are so many things right about this recipe. There’s the technical aspect…a few ingredients and a simple recipe. Now when it comes to flavor, there are few things better than the effortless combination of maple syrup, bourbon and vanilla ice cream. Throw some caramel drizzle in for good measure, and I’m telling you it’s perfection.
Tips for a great milkshake:
- Let’s talk about ice cream. For this shake, I don’t like to go with a higher end ice cream. While the fat content in say, Häagen-Dazs, makes for a delicious ice cream, it’s not necessary here. I have a hard time Like always though, you can use whatever ice cream you would like.
- Vanilla Bean Ice cream…us it! It will make the world of difference.
- For bourbon, I used Maker’s Mark. I have a bottle of Woodford Reserve stashed away, but much like the fancier ice cream, I could not bring myself to use it here. And, as if on cue, use whichever bourbon you like.
- Maple Syrup…we’re going to splurge here a bit. You need to use real maple syrup. Other syrups consist mainly of corn syrup that freezes with the cold from the ice cream. This will make your shake icier than you want.
- Lastly, the caramel drizzle and whipped cream are entirely optional. They’re the cherry on top, but voluntary. Ghirardelli makes a delicious caramel sauce as well.
Maple Bourbon Milkshake are the perfect way treat for the end of summer. From the vanilla ice cream to the maple syrup, you’re definitely going to want to give it a try. I hope you love them as much as we do! Enjoy!
Maple Bourbon Milkshake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream about 1½ cups
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 oz maple syrup
- whipped cream to top
- caramel sauce optional
- Add the ice cream, milk, bourbon, and maple to the blender. Blend together in high until all combined.
- Drizzle caramel sauce into a glass. Next pour the milkshake into the glass. Top with whipped cream and more caramel sauce.