With summer gearing up, Simple Lemon Drop Martinis are the perfect cocktail for summer dinner parties and happy hours. They are sweet, refreshing, and easy to make. Trust me, you’re going to love them.
If you ever find yourself at Disney World, EPCOT specifically, there’s a stand in the France Pavilion that sells Grey Goose Martinis. To say they are the most delicious cocktail is an understatement. They’re tart, slightly sweet, and taste like a frozen lemonade. Lethal, I tell you! Especially in the sweltering Florida heat. When the pandemic hit, Disney was no longer an option… I knew I had to figure out how to concoct them, or at least something close to them.
Did anyone else imagine Lemon Drop Martinis were super complicated? Only me? Cool…cool. Good news is, after many rounds of testing and research, for purely scientific purposes, I can tell you that this recipe is perfect.
Tips for Simple Lemon Drop Martinis:
- Use fresh lemon juice. I repeat, use fresh lemon juice. Bottled lemon juice is made from concentrate and contains preservatives that alter the flavor slightly.
- If you have a cocktail shaker, use it. It will help mix the drink thoroughly, while chilling it to perfection.
- Triple Sec – I have made this with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of Triple Sec. Honestly, if you prefer a stronger drink, opt for Cointreau. If not, the non-alcoholic version can be found in most grocery stores.
- Use an enjoyable smooth citrus vodka. My go to will always be Grey Goose, but use what you prefer/love.
- Simple Syrup – Just like the Triple Sec, you can find pre-made simple syrup in most grocery stores. If you want to create it from scratch, use a simple 1:1 ratio of water and granulated sugar. Heat on the stove until the sugar dissolves completely. Do not boil this mixture, or it will turn into candy.
And that’s about it! I tend to overthink and over complicate just about everything, but this recipe right here? It’s so simple and easy, it’s definitely become one of my favorites. I hope you give it a try on your next Friday or Saturday evening. Cheers and enjoy!
Lemon Drop Martini
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 2 oz citrus vodka
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 oz simple syrup
- super fine sugar for glasses
- 1 wedge lemon for glasses
- Sprinkle the sugar onto a small plate in an even layer. Rub the lemon wedge along the rim of a chilled martini glass. Dip the martini glass, rim side down, in the super fine sugar.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with the juice of one lemon, citrus vodka, triple sec, simple syrup, and ice. Place the lid on the shaker and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared martini glass. Serve immediately.