Garlic Rosemary Pan Chicken is definitely not your plain humdrum chicken. This dish is so savory and creamy and loaded with flavor. The best part is, it’s done in under 30 minutes; perfect for a weeknight meal.
I grew up in a big beef eating family. My dad in particular isn’t a big fan of poultry. To be fair, he did choke on a chicken bone, so I completely understand. When we would eat it, it was usually in fricassee or fried. My husband, however, is the complete opposite. He loves chicken. So I spent my time figuring out different ways of preparing it and I can now say the tables have turned. Married life will do that to ya!
This chicken, in particular, is so tasty. The secret is in the sauce (hello, garlic and rosemary). We love to serve it over a bed or rice or mashed potatoes, or anything that will absorb that yummy liquid. Add in some good crusty bread and you truly have yourself a yummy dinner!
Tips for preparing Garlic Rosemary Pan Chicken:
- We’re using skinless boneless chicken breast, but you can use chicken thighs if you prefer.
- I deglaze the pan with dry white cooking wine. If you prefer, you can deglaze with just the chicken stock. If you do decide to skip the wine, add a squeeze of lemon juice at the end to add a touch of acidity.
- Make sure you’re using an oven safe pan. You will finish cooking the chicken in the oven.
- Make sure your pan is HOT when you’re searing off your chicken. You want to brown your chicken quickly, but not cook it all the way through.
- I absolutely love garlic and rosemary as a combination, but you can also use thyme (which I do in the recipe), sage, parsley, oregano…any earthy herb will work wonders here.
- This recipe calls for shallots instead of onion. It’s a much more subtle onion flavor that pairs nicely with herbs in the dish. If you do not have shallots, you can use a small yellow onion.
This dinner is really one of my favorites to make. It feels fancy, but it comes together so quickly and easily. I hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family do!
Garlic Rosemary Pan Chicken
- Oven Safe Skillet
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dry mustard powder
- 4 chicken breast skinless boneless
- 1 shallot chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup dry white cooking wine
- 1¼ cup chicken stock low sodium
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp. butter unsalted, divided
- 2 tbsp. olive oil divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and dry mustard powder in a small bowl. Generously season the chicken, both sides with the dry mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of butter and 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil starts to shimmer add the chicken to the pan, two breasts at a time. Sear for 2 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set to the side.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the remaining butter and olive oil to the pan along with the shallots and garlic. Sautee until the shallots are translucent, about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the dry white cooking wine, scraping the bits of brown off the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, thyme and rosemary. Bring to a simmer. Add the seared chicken back to the pan.
- Bake the chicken at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Serve over white rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
This is such an flavorful dish.
I’m so happy you enjoyed it!