Is there anything better than a plate of fluffy scrambled eggs in the morning? Using a few humble ingredients and the right technique, you will be able to make these delicious fluffy scrambled eggs too!
In the spirit of full transparency, I’m not a huge egg person. I wish I was, truly, but I really have to be in the mood to want to make an egg. Yet, every time I make these I’m surprised at just how good they are.
You’ll notice this recipe is fairly straight forward and that’s because we really want these eggs to shine on there own. Once you have the technique down, feel free to throw in as many extras as you want. Some fun additions include ham, chopped onions, and cheese. I opted for chopped parsley for some added freshness.
- The key to these eggs is butter. I know…I know! But it makes all the difference. Hold the cooking spray and the olive oil.
- Be gentle! You don’t want to overwork the eggs; the more you scramble them the tougher they’ll be.
- I scramble my eggs as little as possible. This will really showcase the different flavor profile of the egg white vs egg yolk.
- Keep the pan over medium low heat the entire time. The goal is not to fry the eggs, but rather warm them carefully until they’re cooked
- Remove the pan from the burner when the eggs are just starting to firm up but there is still a visible layer of moisture. They will continue to cook even out of the pan.
- Salt after the eggs are cooked. If you add salt at the beginning of the process, the texture of the eggs will change.
Let me know what you think. Enjoy 🙂
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
- 10in Frying Pan
- Heat Resistant Spatula
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- Heat a frying pan over medium to low heat.
- While the pan is warming up, gently crack 3 eggs into a small mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, carefully poke the egg yolks. Continue to mix, lightly breaking up the yolk and egg white.
- Add the butter to the warmed pan. Once the butter is melted, add the eggs.
- Allow the eggs to sit for a moment. Once you see the edges begin to lighten in color, stir gently.
- Continue to cook the eggs until they are just set. Add salt to taste and serve immediately.