Dipped Oreo Mummy Cookies are a fun no-bake treat; perfect for Halloween!
Halloween will be different this year in our house; a bittersweet affair. Our boys will miss out on the first year of trick-or-treating together without a stroller, and our oldest will miss what may be her last trick or treat. We decided to skip trick-or-treating this year. Instead, we’re going to make some snacks and watch a movie (Hocus Pocus naturally).
I wish things were different, that 2020 didn’t play out the way it did. For me, the hardest part has been the normalcy gone from my children’s lives. We have so much to be grateful for, and I am, but looking on the bright side hasn’t always been my strong suit. I hope one day we’ll get to look back at this year and acknowledge how much we’ve grown and, as a result, how resilient these kiddos of mine truly are.
Tips for making Dipped Oreo Mummy Cookies:
- We are essentially creating a magic shell for these oreos. This recipe calls for grapeseed oil. I like baking/cooking desserts with grapeseed oil, as it has little flavor. You can use coconut oil as well; whichever you have on hand.
- I recommend using semi-sweet or dark chocolate for this recipe. Oreos are already sweet, plus we’re adding white chocolate as well. The darker chocolate will help ensure it’s not too sweet.
- I like to pop the dipped oreos in the refrigerator to help them set. I also store them there as well. Think frozen Reese’s but for Oreo’s 🙂
Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe holiday, regardless of how you choose to celebrate. Enjoy!
No-Bake Halloween Mummy Cookies
- 8 Oreo Cookies
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil divided
- 16 candy eye decorations
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set to the side. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Once fully melted, add 1 tsp of grapeseed oil. Stir until combined.
- Using a fork, dip the Oreo cookies, one at a time, making sure to coat the sides evenly. Gently shake off any excess chocolate then set on the lined cookie sheet. Place two candy eyes on each of the dipped Oreos. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 5 minutes, allowing the chocolate to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Once fully melted, add 1 tsp of grapeseed oil. Stir until combined. Place the chocolate in a plastic piping bag.
- Remove the tray from the refrigerator. Moving quickly, gently cut the tip of the piping bag and drizzle the white chocolate over the cookies in various directions. Return the cookies to the refrigerator for another 5 minutes to set.