This post is not sponsored, but you will find affiliate links on this page. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but I may make a small commission based on your purchase.
Three cheers for easy weeknight dinners that are simply a lifesaver! These super easy Crock-pot swedish meatballs are packed full of savory flavor and the ultimate comfort food! These meatballs can be served over rice, buttered egg noodles, or rice. Yum!
My love affair with swedish meatballs started at that oh so famous furniture store. Pretty sure I’m not the only one. When they opened one near our house, I had to see what the buzz was about. I went with my mom and a good friend and, somehow, we managed to stay for 6 hours **shrugs shoulders**. It was overwhelming but equally unique and I was hooked. I learned, oddly enough, I enjoy assembling furniture with little instruction and minimal tools (GROWN UP TETRIS 🙂 ). But even more importantly, I learned I’ve been missing out on swedish meatballs my whole life. Let’s file that one aways under “Opportunity Missed”.
This rich and creamy dinner is always a hit with my family and is something I always have readily available. I make this easy version using premade frozen meatballs (make sure they’re homestyle) and a host of other pantry staples. When we have a little more time, I’ll make the meatballs by scratch; usually with my daughters’ assistance (our in house meatball maker…girl has the touch).
Tips for Crockpot Swedish Meatballs:
- Premade, frozen meatballs are such a time saver, however they can also have extra soduim in them. Between the meatballs and the Beefy Onion Soup Mix, opt for sodium free beef broth and cream of chicken soup. This will help ensure the salt levels down.
- The meatballs will inevitably absorb a little bit of the liquid they’re cooking in, causing them to swell slightly. To help combat their growth in size, use mini or small sized meatballs.
- Pair the meatballs with rice, potatoes, or buttered noodles. Basically anything that will absorb that yummy sauce.
- If I am not making the meatballs from scratch, I’ll use my Crock-pot for this recipe; it’s great for busy weekdays. I especially love that it’ll keep my food warm even after it’s done cooking. Big win!
Give these delicious Crock-pot Swedish Meatballs a go and let me know what you think! Enjoy 🙂
Crockpot Swedish Meatballs
- 32 oz frozen homestyle meatballs bite size
- 1 can condensed cream of mushrooms 10.5 oz can
- 1 cup beef broth no sodium
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- Place meatballs, condensed cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, milk, beefy onion soup mix, and nutmeg in crockpot. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream and sour cream. Serve immediately.