You’re two ingredients and 15 minutes away from decadent chocolate covered fruit!
I love Valentine’s Day, not because I get showered with gifts, but rather because I get to be the one to give them. I love making this day special for my kiddos, showering them with cards and treats. It genuinely makes me happy!
But out of all the things I do for valentines day, my daughters favorite is hands down chocolate dipped fruit…specifically strawberries. She has never been able to resist them and I for one can’t blame her.
Tips for making chocolate dipped fruit:
I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate . It has the perfect amount of bitterness that will help to compliment the sweetness from the fruit.
Use a variety of fruit. I used strawberries and bananas because it was what I had on hand that day. I’ve used oranges, apples, and other berries in the past (blueberries are fantastic here).
Make sure you dry your fruit well before dipping. Any juices from the fruit itself will prevent the chocolate from sticking.
Lollipop sticks work wonders here. They hold the weight of the fruit better than a toothpick.
Chocolate Dipped Fruit
- Lollipop Sticks
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chops
- ¼ cup white chocolate
- 1 banana peeled and cut into 1inch slices
- 8 strawberries washed and dried
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry
- Place a lollipop stick into the base of the strawberry. Wipe off an excess moisture. Dip the strawberry ¾ of the way into the melted semi-sweet chocolate. Gently tap against the side of the bowl, removing any excess chocolate. Place the strawberry on the cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes.
Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Place a lollipop stick into the sliced banana. Wipe off an excess moisture. Dip ½ the banana into the way into the melted semi-sweet chocolate. Gently tap against the side of the bowl, removing any excess chocolate. Place the banana on the cookie sheet to set for 10 minutes.
- While the banana's are chilling, place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Gently dip the other half of the bananas in to the melted white chocolate and return to the cookie sheet. Place in the refrigerator to set.